Flowers in the Cracks

Ideal
The Flowers in the Cracks
Express the joy of renewal of our spirits
With beauty, truth, and love

Real
The Flowers in the Cracks
Is a cultural arts program
Celebrating the renewal of our spirits and communities

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Calling Ilona

Today I spent a good few hours on the phone with Ilona. We have different visions for what we can do with the project. Ilona has a great vision for this to be a museum or gallery installation. I'd like to make it a fund-raising dinner with an art auction done by young people.

I also have to get my photographs from my Sprint Treo mobile phone onto this blog. Ilona is also trepidatious about this prospect. Being a professional photographer, she likes for images to be top-quality. Being a non-professional shutterbug, I am fine with grainy images, blurred and digitized raster graphics, and thumbnail "sketches" of phosphors.

I'm also encouraging Ilona to simply write for the blog. To not think about it. To just do it. She's up in her head on the process, planning and forethought. Which is good. I'm one for fighting from the front-line, scaling the battlements and revolution in the streets.

We probably need to tackle this from both a bottom-up and top-down approach. I also see it as a middle-in approach. Finding ourselves in the forest of possibilities, we can face each other and strike forth for a common ground somewhere in between.

Ilona and me are "buds." As in buddies, as well as blossoming, burgeoning persona dramatis. I'm also in contact with a few other creative principles. I'm hoping they see this project continuing on through the coming year and eventually may decide to participate.

In the meanwhile, there's plenty of my work-work and schoolwork to keep me busy-busy.

Night, night!

-Pete.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home