Flowers in the Cracks

Ideal
The Flowers in the Cracks
Express the joy of renewal of our spirits
With beauty, truth, and love

Real
The Flowers in the Cracks
Is a cultural arts program
Celebrating the renewal of our spirits and communities

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

A Poem About My Death

Here's today's creative contribution. Actually, it was from a few weeks ago. I just got to post it the other day on my own blog, and link to it from here:

Flowers in the Cracks, or My Death at the Feet of the Muses

The poem, though ostensibly about death, is truly about the death of ego, and the rebirth of the better self. I guess they'd call that superego. Yes, my psyche is capable of super powers! Yours is too.

Enjoy the day.

-Pete.

2 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, Blogger Ilona said...

Hello, my name is Ilona Lieberman, I am a photographer based in New York City. My interest in photography is the depiction of the human spirit and to captures moments in time honestly and poignantly. Recently, I have been exploring themes of decay and rebirth on the urban landscape in New York City. My aim, as a creative principal in Flowers In The Cracks, is to develop a visual style that will allow me to incorporate both my personal interest in beauty as well as the address themes of joy and renewal that are the core of this project.

Peter Corless and I have known each other for almost three decades. As our lives have crossed paths once again, I have come to both appreciate and respect Peter as an artist, philosopher and overall decent human being. I look forward to the continued growth of our project, Flowers In The Cracks, as well as working with you all in this artistic collaboration.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ilona's post here is like a flower in the crack. A hidden little treasure in the midst of the blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home