Flowers in the Cracks

Ideal
The Flowers in the Cracks
Express the joy of renewal of our spirits
With beauty, truth, and love

Real
The Flowers in the Cracks
Is a cultural arts program
Celebrating the renewal of our spirits and communities

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Forestry of Hair

The flowers have been neatly trimmed
Brown stems and more buds going grey
The hedgerow below has been severely cut back
Made pleasing again with a fair even level

The canopy supposed to keep the light dimmed
Has faded and thinned in foliage display
Yet sprouts here and there require a huge hack
Grown so random as to confuse even the devil

What a mess was my garden, and so overgrown!
Yet now it's been trimmed, raked and clipped
Weight of the undergrowth reduced by a ton
Trunks rescued from dangling debris

Fresh on my face is the winter wind blown
As stray weeds are gathered and snipped
The gardener tisking at the task so undone
At last pleased by the sight of the tree

This forestry of hair I submit to fair teasing
To be made dapper for decorative display
All done in hopes to make myself pleasing
For possible venture this Valentine's Day

Yet where is my truest gardener to tend me in life
Who would submit her lush flowers in becoming my wife?

12 February 2009

Copyright © 2009 Peter Corless

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home